Talking about Angular, this is also an open-source front-end development framework backed by Google. This one is listed in MEAN stack and found to be compatible with several code editors. Basically, AngularJS development services are resorted to while creating dynamic websites and web apps. Even if its most recent stable version is Angular 7, Google yet supports the usage of its first version, AngularJS.
So, now the question pops up. Hire ReactJS developers or go for AngularJS development services?
Let’s go through the comparison between these two front-end development options:
- In terms of Popularity: Google Trends showcase majority searches of React than Angular. However, people are found to be searching more about AngularJS development services for its extensive and instant, tailor-made solutions. But, the development of these technologies highlights the fact that both are quite in demand.
- Architectural Framework: Both Angular and React speak of a component-based architectural structure which further refers that their components are durable, transformable and flexible components. Here, the only point of differentiation here is the tech stack.
- Learning Curve: Angular has a more perpendicular learning curve in comparison to React. In fact, the Google Angular IO framework provides several ways to solve issues, has a connected component management system, and in addition predicts familiarity with several concepts and languages listing templates, pipes, dependency injection, RxJS, TypeScript, etc.
- Freedom and Adaptability: Freedom and adaptability are also the factors while considering what to choose between React vs Angular. Under the React framework, you have the freedom to choose the tools, libraries, and architecture you need for app development, provided you have hired ReactJS developers who are skillful.
On the contrary, opting for an AngularJS web development company would offer you restricted freedom and flexibility. For instance, the biggest example is the Angular 7 which provides the user only with Angular components within different frameworks and in-built codes in an HTML-based application.
- DOM (Document Object Model): Angular resorts to real DOM, which states the update of the whole tree data structure even if a part of it is changed or altered. Coming back to Virtual DOM, these are employed by Reactjs app development companies to keep a track and make changes, without affecting the other parts of the structure. To conclude, Virtual DOM is thought of to be faster than the DOM. Thus, React clearly wins over Angular in this context.
- Data Binding: Data Binding is another factor in considering the proper framework among React and Angular.
React uses one-way data binding where the UI elements would be changed only with the change of the model state. So in this case, the developers won’t be able to change the UI elements without updating the corresponding model state.
Now, considering the case of an Angular mobile app, the approach is of two-way binding. This approach ensures the automatic change of the state of the model with any change in the UI element and vice-versa.
Here, while Angular’s approach seems a lot and impactful, React’s way ensures superior and smooth data while dealing with a larger app project. Thus, here also React gets a clear win over Angular.
- Wider Support: There is no second opinion on the fact that React has wider community support than Angular on GitHub. However, as per the reports of the 2018 StackOverflow Developer Survey, the developers working with Angular have over shined the React developers. So, here we can place the conclusion that both the front-end development frameworks have somewhat similar community support.
Thus the factors mentioned above would help you to churn out the most suitable right front-end development framework for you.